Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

A good day to be home.

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not on thine own understanding. In all thine ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6

My daily prayer study today is focused on walking in trust. It reminds is of the hymn Trust and Obey. There is no other way to be happy in Jesus but to trust and obey.

Our last week has been definitely a journey of faith on trust. Most of you know that we woke up July 4th to a real firecracker, bomb bursting in the air situation....I was unable to move from the high waist down. It certainly was very frightening for all of us. Jim's sister, Pam had just come down from Michigan to stay the week and celebrate my hubby's birthday. We surely didn't imagine this happening. None of us knew if I would walk again. I really had given in to the thought that I wouldn't. But who am I to put a limit on what God can do. Have any of you watched the movie, Facing the Giants? I love the coaches and his wires mantra... Whats impossible with God? NOTHING is impossible with God. Sure enough as the iv steroids got into my system.. feeling began to come back and then movement. The hardest struggle was the pain. When the muslin sheath of nerves get ruined the insulation or protective coating dies and the signals that would normally flow through on a perfect fluid path end up in all different places and interpreted in different ways. They tend to go hypersensitive and fire off rapid and at any time. It was finally Monday night that the pain sensations turned from really intense and searing to just an overexcited stage but not so much painful as more of an intense tickle. God has been by our side through it all strengthening us cams seeing us through. I am thankful to God for having Pam here when it happened. She really helped Jim to get through it and they held each other up and myself as well. Pam is my best friend and I love her dearly. I am so blessed to have her as my sister. We all made the best of it determined to not let what was happening to steal our joy or ruin our celebration of Jim's birthday. God brought us through this trial no worse for the ware .

Pam brought me.the cutest little box made by my favorite nature artist, Marjolein Bastin. Isn't it adorable.












I thought I would also share with you my letter and card wall as I have had a few friends send off cards.



Thank-you everyone cor your prayers , cards, and kindness. I am still recovering and will be for a little while so keep the prayers coming. All the while I will be stitching my little heart out.
Blessed Stitching
Sarah Beth

posted from Bloggeroid

2 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear you are getting better. I hope things are under control. Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just praying you keep getting stronger every day!

    ReplyDelete