Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

Past projects

Well I wanted to show off some of my past projects over the years. I was looking at my pics today and was reminded of many that had not shared with you all. Went to the mailbox and was surprised to find a letter from one of my Mennonite friends who lives in PA. Today has been a good day and tonight Jim and I are going out with some friends to Applebee's. Should be lots of fun

Well without further ado here come the pictures

This was a scarf I made one of my nurses when I was in the rehab hospital for my paralysis
 This scarf I made for my sister-in-law, Pam for Christmas one year. She loved it. Pammy is my best friend and the sister I have always wanted. She is a real sweetheart. t The Rehabilitation Hospital of Indianapolis. It is one of the top two rehab places in the country. They were unbelieveable and boy did I work hard. Hardered than I had ever worked in my life. By the end of the day I was exhausted then I would get up and do it all over again.
Another scarf......

This is a beautiful mural that is on one of the floors of Community South Hospital in Indianapolis. I often am in the hospital with this disease that I have called Recurrent Transverse Myelitis. But God is always there with me and He gives me a reason to smile. We all have a cross to bear and this is mine. How we chose to bear our crosses speaks loudly of our true faith and our Christian character. I admit I don't always seek God first when I am sick. I have a tendency to give in to fear but I keep trying and for the most part I keep a true smile on my face. Why? Because the joy of the Lord is my strength. Also His strength is made perfect in our weakness. How great it is to not have to face our crosses alone. That when Jesus comes to live inside of us He creates us new and gives us joy from Him. Not a wordly happiness but a holy and perfect joy. Lord let me live that joy so that others may know You and want to know You. In Jesus name, Amen

1 comment:

  1. Remember my dear that you don't always have a choice what happens to you in life, but you do have a choice how you react to iy. That is why you and I and people like us keep trying and keep smiling!

    ReplyDelete